silentscream Search

Monday, April 21, 2008

I heart you, babe

This post is solely for a good friend of mine, Kav. She popped by the office earlier to surprise me. She had texted me earlier in the day wondering if we could meet up for lunch. I was game for a meet up with her any time, as the very last time I saw her was the beginning of the year.

Our texts going back and forth and I thought she was not able to make it for lunch due to work commitments. So, I thought the lunch would probably be set for the next couple of days or so.

I went about my merry way, completing as much tasks as possible. Then at about 4-ish, I received a text from Kav asking about bus directions to my work place on behalf of her colleague.

The text arrived when I was collecting the post from the mailbox. I was just about to start on the checking of the mail when I was alerted by a reminder beep of my mobile. I checked it and saw her text. So being the eager beaver that I am, I was texting a reply to her, trying to be as comprehensive as possible. I was checking and re-checking my message back when I heard someone called my name. I thought it was a student, needing some last minute things before I leave the office when 'lo and behold ! It was Kav !

Being the girl that I am, I screeched her name and went out of the office to meet her. Nice, nice surprise indeed ! Thanks, babe. You really made my week so much more pleasant with your presence and your present. You know you didn't have to go through all that trouble.

I heart you, babe !

No comments: