silentscream Search

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to me !

It's my birthday today !!! I was born at 9-ish at night. So technically, my birth hour is still about a couple of hours from now.

It was good fun at the BBQ to a certain point. Well ... Not every planned thing can go without hitches. I was being a silly old cow, when midnight came around. Feeling pensive and old and sad.

Then the guys (and gals) came up to the bedroom and started telling ghost stories. Like how cool is that ? At a chalet and you start telling ghost stories ? The hairs on my neck and arms were still standing a good hour after the story-telling session !

All the people who mattered turned up. A special, huge THANK YOU goes out to Mariam for preparing the food, Mr G for the BBQ-ing skills and patience, R for the muscles in bringing some stuff over from my place to the chalet, Trace and D for providing entertainment (Trace brought her Wii, which got Mr G playing until 6 plus am today ! and D for his telescope so we could enjoy the night sky - Moon, Jupiter and a slew of other stars !), my family for coming over, willing to do so without much grousing nor complaints. I heart you guys !

Also a massive THANKS to all the people who made it last evening and had shared my present and card and happier moments; Jeff, Ellen & Amy, Ed H, Jas, Mr George, Ian G, Izam, Dwight, Hsueh Li, Chai Fong, Sarah and Cher. Also THANKS to Stephen for your kind wishes and thoughts !

For all those who couldn't make it but still wished me, I wish JOY & HAPPINESS for all !

Thank you, people. You made my 27th a possibility. You made me go silly and were patient enough with my idiosyncrasies in and out of the office. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU !!! :D

To my lovely fella, Cheeky Monkey, I meant what I said.

I love you.

No comments: