silentscream Search

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

With love comes great battles

Who said that love is easy ? Falling in love may come easy for some. Staying in love is one of the most time consuming and abstruse act that one has to sustain.

To stay in love means to have tolerance and patience to make the relationship work. To stay in love means to discover the interesting and yet unknown facets of the other party. To stay in love means to be able to come together and tell the world that no matter what happens, I have chosen my mate and I will be with him for the rest of my natural life.

The idea of loving someone else is to have faith in life and the belief that you are a unit with him as you work your way through the trials of life. You ensure that the needs of the other party is taken care of. The wisdom to let him make his choices and understand that there is causality in his decisions.

CM told me that his dad had given him an ultimatum. To give him a peace of mind these few years in his life. To not bring shame to the family and completely sever all ties with me. To be with someone more suited as his life partner. In terms of religion, status and looks.

Even now, I'm still hurting from the obvious parental disapproval. I know I am not the perfect person I'd like to think I am. But I am perfect for him. I believe we are meant to be together.

Every day that I see him, I am contented. I am happy to see his face, with or without facial hair. I smile when I think of all the goofy things he did to cheer me up when I get into one of my moods. I am thankful that he is able and willing to guide and advise me so patiently.

After all that's been said and done, do we have the energies to fight for something that everyone thinks is wrong ?

No comments: