silentscream Search

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not so bad a day

It's the day before the start of Ramadhan. How time flies. Before you realised it, another year had passed. Things that I think would be mundane is not so bad these days. I guess having a somewhat balanced outlook of life is contributing to a higher level of tolerance at times.

I went to the Graduation slash Staff Appreciation Dinner last night. I had a complete make over with Mariam. As a result we arrived like super late for the dinner. It started out okay. We went out looking for dresses once Mariam had touched down from Indo. She got her dress from Mango and then we spent quite a bit of time looking for mine.

I had asked my darling if he prefers in a one piece or two piece outfit. Naturally his answer is a "No piece". Right. As if that is going to happen. Imagine how everyone would choke and barf their dinner if I had arrived in a "No piece". :D

So after getting our dresses, we went back to Mariam's friend's place for a makeover. The outcome ? Hahaha ... I like my painted face. I even put on a pair of heels. So I was definitely getting in the mood of the dinner. Previously, I would just grab whatever's in my wardrobe and not try to upstage the kids. But that was just the graduation dinner.

So after dinner, I had planned to go clubbing with Mariam and a few other people. However, because I was super late for dinner and darling was non too excited about going, I've decided to head on home. I was also exhausted after spending the day running around looking for a dress. Never would I had done that willingly if not for a chance to be a little different.

Seriously, my darling was super cheesed off with me. The thing was, Mariam and I had wanted to pick up my darling on our way to the dinner but because we had over extended our getting ready time, I had to ask him to go ahead first. This was after 45 minutes after dinner had started. I guess, I would be cheesed off too if the shoe's on the other foot.

Darling, I'm so, so sorry. However, I hope you liked the way I looked when I arrived. I know you do like me without my painted face but I want you to see a different me. I want you to be glad that I can clean up well. That I am not wholly bonded to my pair of pants and my flats and sneakers. I want to look good for you and have you proud of me. Not that I know you never had.

Finally, I want to thank you for spending this whole day with me. I am happy just being able to hang out with you.

*hugs*

2 comments:

Salwa Asri said...

U look GOREGOUS sis! I myself see the pics like was not u. It was a nice make over. Thumbs Up!

I would want to see you more on this trend. As for me, up till now, i don't dare to wear coz to me i find it uncomfortable.Hahahaha....

Hope that you really enjoy your day today ya! Happy Ramadan. =)

MizBGot10 said...

Thank you sis ... With the aid of good clothes and decent makeup skills, anyone can be made prettier ! :D