silentscream Search

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Not just another dinner

So this dinner was full of intentions. Good intentions. To thank Ma for being so patient with my "disappearing" acts. To OM for his energy in not nagging me (it's reserved for the Ma to do). To my sisters for their understanding and advices. To my nieces and nephews, just because I love them. To my bro-in-laws for being part of our crazy, somewhat misunderstood family.

We went down to Bedok Food Centre, everyone minus WM, Madtir and Abi. Younger Sis and hubby joined us a bit later, after we went nuts ordering food, loads of food. We had satay (50 sticks !), mutton soup, mee kuah, fried kway teow with fresh cockles and dried sotong. OM got bread to eat with the soup and Ma got ketupat to eat with the satay.

We had to wait for ages for the satay and fried kway teow. By then I was already half full from drinking the coconut water I ordered. I tried a little of the mee kuah before I found a few pieces of mutton floating in the gravy. That's when I stopped eating the mee kuah, delicious as it was. I just felt too guilty eating red meat these days, even though it's just mutton. I stayed away from the mutton soup but Yayah absolutely love the "meat" pieces. It was more tongue soup. Carnivorous family we are.

Then when YS and hubby arrived and they settled down to eat and when OM went away for a smoke I told Ma about Cheeky Monkey. In not so many words, I told her that I have a BF now and she said she knows. She asked if it's him and I answered in the affirmative. Elder Sis said that she knew it ages back when CM came over to help with something. Then Ma said OM also knew that he was my guy. So I asked Ma if it's okay and she said something that made me grin big-big.

She said, "*Pilihan masing-masing."

Eventually, 2 hours after we sat down for dinner, we got up from the much coveted seats. This was after some of us had second round of drinks and desserts. YS and hubby rode off and the rest of us trudged to the bus stop. Too full and fulfilled to think about doing anything else.

ES and Yayah took a different bus to her in-laws place and so Ma, OM, Ayu and I took the wonderful service 45 home. I have just finished my shower and thinking of looking through the papers for job adverts. But seriously I think I will crash and burn soon.

CM had organised a birthday dinner thing with his mates so most likely I won't hear from him until tomorrow. But that's okay. I have such nice news for him.

*Roughly translated as Everyone's choice. It essentially meant that Ma understands it's my choice to be with him. As I've said before, I've still a long haul to go. I knew that she would not object in one issue but she might object in the other big one. Little earthquakes.

No comments: