silentscream Search

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Farewell

Mariam left for her new job overseas earlier this afternoon. R and I popped down to T2 to wave goodbye and wish her luck.

Last evening, we went out to East Coast Food Centre with a few other people to have a last makan session. There were just us 2 gals with the rest being boys. A huge crowd of 10 people occupied a nice little corner of the food centre and enjoyed the food and company. A few loud laughs from yours truly punctuated the otherwise quiet corner.

After the late dinner (the guys were actually from a futsal training earlier in the evening), we decided to walk down the beach front. Just to talk and chat and basically wait for the food to be digested. I must say we stayed there for over 2 hours. It was a most fun night. Mr G, D, R, Cher, Roi, Ian G, Mr Puni, Bro Izam, Mariam and I. The whole gang minus Trace and Ed H. We are the fun bunch. We are the TC gang.

Sad, I was, definitely when we said our goodbyes at the airport just now. I was such a weepy cow, that I had tears in my eyes when she crossed the gate. The thing that stopped me from full blown crying was the fact that R was there (didn't want him to think of me as a wimpy little cow ! Heh !) and that Mariam's family were all so composed, especially her younger sister.

So anyways, Mariam had invited us to come and visit her and I'm planning to make a trip down with Cheeky Monkey. When I told my Ma that Mariam is working overseas and the area she's at is pretty accessible, Ma was on about visiting.

Okay.

I'm typing this away on borrowed computer. Currently I am over at CM's after finishing up at the airport. He's gonna have to go for a work thing in a bit and he's in the shower right now. So I'd better make this a quick one and end fast. For the record, I'm loving the typing on his new lap top. The buttons are so smooth. The screen is so shiny. The connection is pretty decent.

I'm loving his toy ! I'm loving him, period.

*muacks*

No comments: