silentscream Search

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cheat !

So I got the new washing machine and it was supposed to come with $70.00 vouchers to be used at Giant or Cold Storage. So I received the vouchers at the same time the machine was delivered.

So last night, when I reached home after a jaunt at Mustafa Centre with Ma, I looked through my vouchers. Imagine my incredulity. The vouchers were dated to have been issued in September 2008 and are valid for 6 months. Well, hello. Something's not right here.

I bought the machine in November and with the vouchers issued in September, I have missed out 2 months of shopping. Hello, cheat. I was quite puzzled so I called Courts Customer Service line. The lady on the line told me that she cannot handle my case and need to check with her delivery people and will get them to call me tomorrow, i.e today.

All right, that sounds reasonable. So earlier, I received a call from them and stated my case. They have the cheek to say that someone else had the same problem. Well, hello. Cheat, surely that means it's a problem, no ? Other people can accept the backdated vouchers but not me.

She told me that the vouchers will be considered valid 6 months from the date of delivery. Well, hello. It's not stated on the vouchers, idiot ! If I had gone to any of the shops to redeem the vouchers, they would just look at the stamped issue date, which was September 2008. So, I have to spend by February 2009, no ?

So I said I needed some proof to indicate that the vouchers would be valid beyond Feb 2009 as I bought the item in November 2008. So the CS Officer to me that she will check with her Marketing Department and get back to me. So, wait I will.

Guess another thing that irked me ? Yesterday, when the new machine was delivered, they delivery guys were supposed to help discard the old machine. And guess what ? The OM, hoping to make a quick buck stopped the guys from taking the old machine. So now, it's still sitting in the kitchen, taking up space and becoming an eyesore. Honestly, I wonder how the karung guni will buy the old machine. If they would even want to buy !

No comments: