silentscream Search

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Calls Barred

I'm frustrated !

Dear called a couple of times earlier and I missed his calls. So I tried to call him back by checking out my IDD options and finally saw the most affordable one. All in vain because in the end I realised that all my international calls are barred. No wonder I can't call out to Mariam the other time !

I called up the Customer Service guys a few times earlier and was told that my international calls service was deactivated because when I signed up my mobile line, I was below 21 years old. As such, their policy is that no international call service is not available to all under 21 registrants and pre-paid customers. But I'm freaking 27 years old now !!!

Well apparently, my service provider did not "activate" that service automatically even though I'd reached 21 and above. I have to call in to inform them to do so. No wonder even though I had subscribed to "Pay-As-You-Roam" service, I did not receive any overseas network when I cross the Causeway ! It's so dumb !!!

I called another number to check if the overseas line was okay and connecting and it was. The nice CS officer advised me to inform the other CS officer of our findings and to check if there are other ways to deactivate the call barring on my mobile. I checked my mobile and it turns out that I can deactivate call barring but the default password I used was "Not Allowed". I tried so may different permutations of password I can remember and all I got was "Not Allowed".

F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-N-G !!!

So I'd called the other CS officer to deactivate my call barring for international calls and he told me that it takes one working day. Considering that I called on a Friday night and Saturday does not count as a working day and Monday being a Public Holiday, the earliest I can start calling overseas is on Tuesday !!! What's the point then, since that is the day Dear is back in SGP ?!?

Anyways, I have my own self to blame. Stupid woman, should have checked the Terms and Conditions carefully. Honestly, I've tried looking through their website but there is no information I can find online for me to call to deactivate call barring. *sighs*

No Dear to complain to ... I'm sad, mopey ... Stupid long holiday ...

No comments: