silentscream Search

Monday, June 30, 2008

Excuses, please excuse me

Hey faithful readers.

My apologies for not updating my page for like the longest time. Well. It's almost a week since my last update.

I have been pretty swamped with stuff, both at work and in my personal life. Technically, those are just minor excuses. I've been feeling kinda "rubbed" the wrong way these few days. So many people I love and care about are leaving my current company.

It's got me thinking. People are moving on to another level in their career / work life, so what am I still doing here ? Generally speaking, I still love my job. It's got its perks and it's got its drawbacks. More often than not, I can live with the drawbacks, since most of the time I am not "disturbed".

I guess this feeling of restlessness and discontent stem from the fact that people are changing and evolving and I am seen as a stagnant post here. Would I like to go ? Perhaps, given the right conditions. Would I mind staying ? I can live with where and what I do right now. Again, can I survive this discontent and disenchantment ?

And so, let's recap my previous week. Happiness is but a barrel away, as "they" say.

Wednesday - Movie with the gang (minus Trace)

Thursday - Home early to prevent Ma from nagging

Friday - Overnight @ Cheeky Monkey's

Saturday - Tea with Cheeky Monkey and a couple of his mates plus overnight at CM's

Sunday - Home again to prevent Ma from nagging

Monday (today) - Stuck @ work :(

So there you go, all recaps done. Have fun you guys ! :)

No comments: