silentscream Search

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sleeping Non Beauty

I had the most hours of sleep in this week, last night.

As you know, I had the SAT invigilation yesterday so I had to wake up, like super early. Mariam was kind enough to pick me up and we reached school at 6.30 am. Even though she picked me up a bit later than arranged and we stopped over at Geylang Market to get breakfast for the people helping me out.

Mr G and D had modified the registration process and everything went as smoothly as they could. Even the supervisors and proctors were on their best behaviour. Except for one new supervisor. I've should have paid more attention to his inexperience. Well. That and the fact that someone else was trying to pour cold water at certain points. Anyways, things went smoothly, all thanks to the teamwork showed by my team. :D Bless their hearts !

After everything from the Saturday exam was settled, the plan was for us to go to Queensway Shopping Center. Mariam needed to make glasses with transition lenses for the periods when she's driving in the day. So I recommended the optics shop I always go to in Queensway SC. So together with R, who wanted to get a new squash racquet, we went down to Queensway SC. Time check was 5 pm. The good thing was we had ordered Pizza for lunch so we didn't have to hunt for food ! Otherwise, I would have fainted. Breakfast was forgone with the duties of the centre supervisor !

Ah.

Spectacle shop = New glasses + contact lenses

I just could not resist ! I got me a new pair of speccies !!! The intention was just to get another month's supplies of daily lenses but because I am such a spectacle whore, I just had to get me a new pair. There was this one black frames with blink at the sides with a nice smooth finish. I would have gotten it if it came in another shade. Black is just too boring !

Mariam, meanwhile, could not decide between a blue or purple Levi's frames. Both looked gorgeous but I know which one I would have picked if I was looking to spend that kind of dosh on frames alone ! She finally decided on the blue frames because it is so her. The loud, flamboyant type where it screams, "Look at me !" is just not her.

R got his squash racquet and a racquet bag and he was as pleased as a clam. After which, we left Queensway SC because Mariam needed to pick up her sister and go to her cousin's place. She dropped R at Marina, where her sister was waiting and drove me back home before heading out to Simei.

I got home, OM was watching tv but the Ma was still at my aunt's place. My cousin's wedding this weekend. I am popping over for a bit soon.

I took a shower, cooked instant noodles, read for a bit and crashed ! And all this was before 9 pm on a Saturday night ! Boring, boring, boring ! More like, tired, tired, tired ! *winks*

Cheeky Monkey had a dinner appointment with his mates. The plan was for me to rest for a bit and then going over to meet CM once he's free. He rang at 10 pm to tell me he was on the way home but Ma answered telling him I'd already slept. I thought I woke up a bit later to call him back and to tell him to call me once he's home. I can't quite recall that. Honey, refresh my memory ! Although I did remember I charged my mobile juice. Hmmm ... Curious ....

He did rang my mobile after midnight but I was so lost in slumberland by then. So he sent me a text message to call if I woke up before he sleeps. The next time I woke up was after 3 am this morning, turned off the mobile charger and replied to his text.

I'm still waiting for him to make contact. I wanted to call but I was afraid I might wake him up. Poor CM had also been sleep deprived. Anyways, I'm gonna have lunch and then get ready to go over to the cousin's. After which, I might pop by the office to clean up my desk. After yesterday, my table looked like it was some relic from World War 2 !! :D

No comments: