silentscream Search

Friday, September 12, 2008

Fallen from grace

It's Friday and I am so not in the mood to work. The morning started out hectic, phone call after phone call. Seems like I was a very popular girl. Then the bad news hit and a couple of student's pass rejections caused a flurry of activities. Especially so since their social visit passes will be expiring today.

Joy.

So anyways, I arranged for Mr G to bring them to try to get an extension at the bequest of their family friend. I felt sorry for them especially so the rejection letters did not state the reason for non-approval. This definitely made the appeal a little bit more challenging. But as you guys know me, I stepped up to the plate and tried to check if I had made mistakes in the initial applications.

I had not, so now I have to make things work for the 2 kids. So off to ICA Mr G went to get an extension of their stay, even though I know the chance is slim. Well. He'd just came back less than two hours ago. As expected. The kids have to leave the country or risk being slap with an overstaying offence.

I've called the family friend to inform and he's gonna try to appeal to see if he could get their stay extended so he can book flights home. Poor kids, stranded in a foreign country with minimal English and then this had to happen. So much for the confidence in the application process.

I'll write back to update their status.

On a more positive note, R and I would be meeting up with Jas, Mandy and Cheryl for dinner. Good food, good company. I look forward to it.

No comments: