silentscream Search

Sunday, March 16, 2008

We choose to not to deal with the shit

Recently, as far back as 5 minutes ago, I had a thought. We cannot choose who our parents are. We cannot choose who shall be our sisters or brothers. But we can choose how we react when pooled in this lake we call our family. The grandparents, parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts and cousins. The whole shebang of this network of people we have to deal with everyday or every other day.

People break your heart. As involved or as uninvolved you try to be, you can never segregate these family ties. And with that comes several responsibilities and obligations, connected or disconnected.

To know how to deal with all of them comes with a manual as thick as life is long. And until I read the final chapter, I choose not to deal with this shit. For as long as I live or the other parties are alive, I am not amused. Nor will I be abused. Emotionally, mentally and physically.

No comments: