silentscream Search

Friday, June 27, 2003

That niggling feeling

I have a sneaky feeling that I have no more friends in the world. Fie and Sha have both been in their own worlds. Not a beep from either one of them. Okay, I stand corrected. Sha did texted me the other day. Just to ask if I know how much the annual income tax is. Not a hello, how are you. Not another beep. Only when I responded and asked her why she needed the info, she told me she's working out her budget. Then all quiet. Later in the day I asked her about her convocation, I got the sneaky feeling she didn't want to reply to my text message. Prior to that, I texted her to check if she'd done her Advanced Theory Test and asked if she minded doing it together and she replied, she liked to. And said that Has would want to do her Basic Theory together. After that there wasn't anymore contact with her. Granted that she's starting a new job soon and graduation from Uni is right round the corner, it's no excuse to not just like drop me a text message now and then. Calling a spade a spade, I think I am slowly being "let go" by my friends.

And Fie...?? Don't get me started. She's like basically MIA. I just went to her blog (a new old blog) and found out she's like totally buried in tonnes of work things. Like, yeah I can empathise but I only found out about her blog when I happened to visit her bf's blog. It's like, screw friends. My life is now more important than my old 'mates.

Consider this, with Samuel going to the UK in Sept, there'd be no one else I can hang out with aside from my colleagues. Suddenly I realised that I have not moved on any further than when I finished my diploma programme. I have not done one thing to ensure the betterment (is there such a word ?) of my future self. I keep coming in here to rant and rave the unfairness of my life and yet I've done nothing to improve it. I am left way behind. So far that I can't even see the person before me. If life is a journey than I am damn sure I am just one of those inanimate things you passed along the way.

On a more cheerful note.

My cousin's getting married on Sunday. It's a matchmade marriage. She's my age, give and take a few months. Also my sister is about to pop her second baby. Yay... An aunt for a second time.

No comments: