silentscream Search

Thursday, June 05, 2003

Rejections are the hardest. Even though you have already psyched yourself up for failure, there is still a tiny bit of you hoping. And even though you know that you were never fully into the option. Still you dare to expect. Well, it's clear now. I'm just not good enough. Not a failure per se, but just not good enough.

Dear Sir/Madam

APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION

I refer to your application for admission to the Nanyang Technological University/National University of Singapore.

We have carefully considered your application but we regret to inform you that you have not been successful as there were many candidates ahead of you in academic merit, who have taken up the places available.

During the peak admissions period, we deeply regret that the Office of Admissions is unable to take telephone enquiries. All questions concerning admission should be addressed to the Office of Admissions in writing.

Yours faithfully




f. Secretary
Join Admissions

This is a computer-generated letter. No signature is required.


I can't say I'm not affected. I've had my doubts about getting through, then I realised if it's meant to be, it will be. So it's not meant to be, so be it. The cold, hard reality, I'm not good enough. Period. No excuses, no arguments. Bottom line, I am NOT good enough.

So let me wallow for a tiny bit.

No comments: