silentscream Search

Friday, July 11, 2003

I know him so well

I made a new friend yesterday. I was bathing when I received the first text message (no, I did not bring my cell into the bathroom). In fact 3 messages were waiting for my perusal. One was from Wah Ying, another from my cuz, Saliha and the 3rd one (actually this was first message received...) was from this friend. It said, "Are you helena?"... And here I am thinking, "Hmm....that's weird. Wonder if it's Kavitha." Well, her name popped into my head because we recently made contact and so I thought she just got my number from dear Samuel. So I replied, "Yeah. Who is this?". And so one message lead to another and then presto.... I made a new friend. Initially I thought it was a prank because I can name a few people who would love to get back at me. Not that I am that much of a prankster. Just.... You know, the fun factor. *winks*

Anyhow, WY's message was to ask if I'd be interested to join a get together today. I was thinking of giving it a miss but I open my big mouth (actually, I texted) and asked if Samuel wanna go. He said he might go if his presence is not shunned by the rest. I said (my big mouth came into play) I will go if he's going and guess what ? He is. So I can't wriggle out of this date. Hmmm... Damnation... ?

So well, I will go... As soon as I'm done here. At work.

Now I have to get back to calculating the results of the teachers' survey. As in students fill up a feedback form of the teachers that taught them. Sure reminds me of my poly days when we gave bad comments and grading for lecturers who "tekan" us. Harhar... Thank goodness I hate teaching....

No comments: