silentscream Search

Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Sometimes I think I can strike pretty good deals with the weather. Not sounding too cocky or presumptous, it makes me feel as though I can control the weather. Take for example just now. The sky was overcast but I still went out to get lunch. Along the way, the wind picked up a notch and the clouds started rolling in earnest. Heman asked me (went to get lunch with him), if we can make it back to school before the rain falls. I said yes. And we almost make it. I got my food, so did Heman. Then he received a phone call from Steph asking him to get lunch for her and Chow. When we got theirs, the rain started to fall. A slight drizzle. Heman was worried that I might sicker still (am sick still...) and he decided we better wait. I told him no we should just go. In my heart I was already striking commanding the rain to halt. It did not stop (can't control weather) but it did not get any heavier. The winds slowed down. And we walked, half fast half slow (need to catch my breath) and made it to school not drenched (except with perspiration) ! Only when I got back to my lab did the rain fall down in torrents.

It's now only slightly heavy as I am writing this.

This sounds like a piece of junk of some idiot trying to promote showoff. There are bigger concerns at this moment. But in the long run, my memory might only have space for my personal life. The rest of the world can go forget. Am I an ignorant b**** ?

You come to your own conclusions as I do mine.

No comments: