silentscream Search

Monday, June 14, 2004

"That so sucks .... !"

Yes, it did. Sucked. I had such high hopes for a thumb down kind of blog for all those Les Bleus supporters. I was prepared to go all ..nyah..nyah..nyah.. on every single one of them. I was ready to write this with a big hearty laugh. Unfortunately, I was the one being laughed at. And them ? They are the buggers having the last laugh.

Unbelievable and a thoroughly insipid match. I was expecting a draw but a win would have been a bonus. All the way through, the Three Lions were leading by a goal to nil. But who'd have guessed the outcome until the final whistle was blown. 2 goals in 3 minutes of extra time. Tell me that did NOT so sucks ????

Sheesh ....

Really people, that is so totally unfair. Who could you blame ? The guys who brought Viera and Henry down ? Zidane for scoring both goals ? Or the ineptness and cockiness of the English ? Personally, I blame the arrogance of Becks. If he had not missed that kick spot, I'd think the French Legion would have just given up, their bubbles deflated and walked out of the stadium with their arrogant tails between their legs ! That would have shown them which side of the Atlantic is with the football prowess.

Then again, it's so over and done with now. No point arguing and ranting about it half way across the world. Let them think themselves invincible. The fall from grace would be so much swifter, harder and more painful. Then I'll have the last laugh !

I can't sleep now so I guess I'll just spend the rest of the hour trudging through the myraid doldrums of other people's blog pages.

*sigh* *sigh*

No comments: