silentscream Search

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Never say never again

Today, 2 years ago, was my first day at St Francis Methodist School. I was the newbie on the block. Feeling around like a blind person. There wasn't any specific instructions given as to what I should or should not do. Aside from the solution preparation manual and the practical sheets of the upcoming experiments. The labs were totally new and there were plenty of things to be done. Putting away all the new glassware, wiping the tables, placing stools per bench, inserting the bunsen burners to the gas taps, arranging the chemicals into the cupboards and drawers and removing old labels from glass bottles. Believe me, you, that was the most interesting part of my stint here. Nobody came to disturb me. I was totally on my own from the minute I logged in to the time I left. Back then, I would come in at around 8 am and take off home by 4.30 pm. That was way back when I was smart. It lasted the whole of the 4th term. After which the school holidays came and I end my work day at 5 pm. And remained so until now. Unless I'd decided to take time off.

2 years here have flown by so fast. I remember some of the teachers who were pretty friendly and tried to make my day as sociable as it possibly could. Mrs Bhavani, yeah was just asking about her from Jayashree (Chem teacher). She's on sick leave (Bhavani) and would only be back next year. Also Eve, one of the nicest person here. NO, make that friendliest colleague. Stephanie, another person who tried to make the new person feel at ease. When I first saw her, I thought she was a Malay. And I was happy for a while, until I saw her chain. So that was that. Hey Steph, I've never thanked you for the heads up on you-know-who (currently the "princess" here.) ..... Oh, definitely not forgetting Neo Lin Chen (Mr Neo). The quiet, dependent officer I have to report to in the General Office. And Mr Thomas George aka Chow's 1st Boss. Mrs Montero aka my 1st boss too.

Gosh .....

Just the people I will miss if I do decide to quit my job. The current "in-group" members; Eileen, Chow, Mahesha, Heman, Nicki, Malek included.

Melancholic.

I blame the weather.

No comments: