silentscream Search

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

"The morning has broken...lalala....lalala..."

Sorry, I forgot the lyrics but the song is now playing hard in my head. Probably because of this book I've just read. Olivia Goldsmith's Pen Pals. The song was mentioned in one of the pages and now, I'm sorta like humming the parts I don't know. Pathetic, huh ?

You know I still cannot get over the idea that Steps have disbanded. It's weird because everyone is like saying that pop is so teenager-ish. And I am anything but a teen. Even teens don't like Steps. Steps are like so 12 years old. Har...but they are making millions of pounds from these 12-year-olds. And from one particular 22-year-old. So there.
Right now, there is just one Steps album I'm lacking. Gonna go get it soon. It is all the B-sides singles they've released over the past few years. Okay, so I'm like a total fanatic. Not really...one regret I did have is that when they just started and were promoting themselves, they came to TP for a mini-show. I was either too stupid or too stoned not to realise the showcase until on the day itself. By then it was a little too late to get in....*sighs* If I'm not mistaken, that's the one and only time they came down to Singapore. For the rest of the time, they spent touring the UK but there was one stint in the US of A, with Birtney...no. I mean Britney. I do feel short changed, I'm sure the other Singaporean fans feel the same way too. If only they had come over at least one more time before the disbanding. Oh, I've seen how they are on their live shows (music vid of "Better The Devil You Know"). All those screaming fans... ! Man, I would gladly scream alongside them. Then there are the charity shows, where they performed one or two songs. The pandemonium, oh wow...when you'd been there...you would bask in it ! It is no wonder they were voted Best British Live Act twice in a row !
It's funny when I read reports of people saying the co-ordinated dance moves are cheesy. Well...hello...have they ever seen Hindi or Tamil movies ??? Then tell me about cheesy dance steps (no pun intended). Okay...okay...I confessed...I did learn some of the dance moves...(*grins*) It was great fun trying to get the moves right. And there are so many songs with catchy choruses. Even my niece have learned the how tos for "Tragedy" ! Okay the bottom line to this whole piece is that, for every 1 non Steps fan, there are 3 in the making (no scientific basis, just intuition) !

Oh, there is another hidden message to this post. I desperately want all the Steps video ever released !!!!!

No comments: