silentscream Search

Tuesday, October 15, 2002

I was involved in an almost accident just now on the way to work. And I think it would be disasterous for that Merc driver. Stupid fool tried to antoganize a bus. A school bus to boot. I didn't actually saw the events leading to the near accident. I was listening to my discman and reading my Wendy Holden, when I heard the faint strains of the horn. I looked up and I saw this black Merc trying to turn in to one of the small lanes that the bus was apparently trying to cross ahead. You know, like a T-junction kinda thingy. By the time the bus was jerking forward. Stopping, going, stopping.
It came to a screeching halt and my bag flew down to the seat in front. The driver said, "F***!" In BIG bold letters. He handbraked the bus and promptly got out, jogged over to the Merc driver, who was by now waiting for 3 schoolgirls in white uniform to get in, and gave a tongue lashing. He kept pointing back to the bus while talking. I can imagine what he was saying, "You damn fool. The bus is carrying school children, (okay teenagers) and you cannot wait. It took a few seconds but the driver kept apologising (by raising his hands, I saw).
Someone snickered at the back of the bus as the driver was getting back to the bus. He said something which I hadn't caught (coz I was still on my discman) and shook his head. I shook mine too (with a what-the-world-is-coming-to expression). Then he started the bus and we went on our way to our destination.

The whole incident took only a few minutes. The minutes that I never want to regret.

No comments: