silentscream Search

Friday, October 18, 2002

I received a scare on my way home yesterday. I was on 170 after waiting for eons for another 67 to come along. Chatting and laughing with Eve and Chow. Then I heard my message tone go off. Dig, dig inside my bag and finally the phone was retrieved. Flip it open.

Message

Read Now?

I pressed OK and this "cryptic" message appeared.

(5 - New)
*Hel,org kal tak amgkat?bapak jatuh seh...balik cepat..kepala terhentak..muntah..pening...
Date: 17/10
Time: 17:52
(+6597XXXXXX)

My first instinct was to cry out, "Oh f***! Not again." My dad had a fall about 2 years ago and was hospitalised for a few days. Last time was at work. Now at home. So I called home. My mother picked up the call and I asked if Dad had been to the doctor. She said he doesn't want to go even after urging him many, many times. She said she will tell me more when I get home. I was slightly ticked off because Dad didn't want to go for a checkup.
When I got home, I asked why he didn't want to go to the doctor and his reply was it was minor. And that he's fine now. I said I will take him personally to the doctor and he retorted that it's his body and he knows what was going on inside. My sisters urged him to go but he still insisted that he's alright. At some point last night I asked him which university awarded him his M.D. He just kept quiet.
This morning, he woke me up and left for work as normal. *sighs*

*Translation: Hel, I call call but you didn't pick up (actually I didn't hear the phone ring)? Dad had a fall...come home quickly..hit his head..vomitted..headaches...

No comments: