silentscream Search

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A trio

Finally we got to meet up. Planning ahead really didn't help matters because somehow or rather, something's bound to come up and disrupt.

Sam's in Singapore for almost a month already and yet, I have yet to meet up with him until today. He's flying back tomorrow so we had to cramp all the couple of years of non-meeting in under a few hours.

As usual, I was at work even though it's a Pub Hol here. Needed to clear some more work before term starts tomorrow. New year, new pile of shite. Although I've been approached by another to start on their pile of shite. Seriously considering the offer though.

So anyways, decided to meet Kav first before we head down to Suntec to meet dear Sam. I was pretty much slow, so I finally decided that I've had enough and completed the major tasks just after 2 pm. Even though we had promised to meet up with Sam at 3 pm ! Shite ! We are so gonna be late and Sam's soooo gonna be pissed. True to form, we were late.

As penance, I wanted to buy coffee and cake for all. Alas, Kav had the attack of the guilt too (even though, it wasn't her fault, really) and paid partial. She couldn't stay long as she had to go over to her aunt's place in Bedok. So after chatting and chatting, we made a move to Bedok. Took a long, circuitous bus ride back to Bedok from Katong. She alighted just before the Interchange and Sam decided that what fun it was to meet up with Daniel. Called him but he was out with some friends and invited us to come over. Note that by this time, dinner is in full swing and they just had some. So they were on the way to a dessert place and we decided to tag. It was okay. Kinda weird because we don't normally hang out with them in poly. But we knew them by face.

After sitting around for a fair bit and once dessert was done, they wanted to catch a movie. I can't as I need to be up early tomorrow so Sam I decided to head back to Parkway. We walked all the way, nice balmy night. I remember the times we had these walkies, just talking about our plans, his studies, my work (basically he nagged me to change jobs ... ;p). I was feeling a tad bit hungry because all I had for the day was the cake and coffee so went to BK. Concluded our late dinner and headed off home.

Hey Sam, have a safe trip home and I hope you get a place in NUS-Duke. Then you'd be back here for a more definite time and we can meet up as often as possible. Take care, yeah. :D

No comments: