silentscream Search

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's important ..

I've just come back to work from a long weekend. I was not too enthusiastic in coming back to the office after a nice 3.5 days of non-work. I woke up lazy, thinking, I should ditch another 0.5 day of work. But I resisted the temptation and decided to make an appearance. On the way to office, I had a bit of a tummy ache, not sure if it was just the runs or something more. I was also feeling a little nauseous when I stepped in.

Perhaps, this feeling of unease stemmed from the fact that I have to face work and all the shitty, unhappy emotions connected to the place. Perhaps, I was just dreading the incomplete "homework" that I needed to face with the Boss. And so, begrudgingly, I attempted to try to finish my "homework". I was not a happy camper, that's for sure. And then I put off the meeting with the Boss until much, much later.

And guess who turned out to be the most unhappy camper of all time? The Dear. We left eventually, way, way after we were scheduled to go. Had a bit of a turn at West Mall. Got a wee bit of dinner, thrashed out what was required of us, discussed where our direction should be and you guessed it..

Kissed and made up. Honey, I love you so much that I wouldn't be where and who I am now without your generous love and kind understanding. I wish I could do more for you. Much more than my current situation allows me to. Please be happy, with or without me.

No comments: