silentscream Search

Sunday, December 28, 2008

We ran away

If I could run away with him, I would do so in a heartbeat. If we could forget and ignore the disapprovals and dissatisfactions of the people around us, we would have done as we pleased. We could run away to Tahiti and be safe with the mountains in New Zealand, we would have done so. We want to be able to get the blessings because we are filial son and daughter. We want them to be happy because we are happy.

If I could run away with him, I would not hesitate nor look back. Fear and courage work opposite of each other but the contentment you feel when you make the right decision is like an unboundless energy coursing through your veins. We can never be too sure nor too unsure. We are just we are. Happy to be with each other. Sharing our fears and giving (en)courage(ment) to each other.

If I could run away with him, I would make sure that we would not need to keep on running away. We would settle and we would grow and we would make good people of our progeny. We would love and care and adore as much then as we are now. We would keep our faiths and trust in the people around us. We would not let them down as we often are from the people we ran away from. We will tell them they have the best love because ours is pure and genuine.

If I could run away with him, I would make him happy. With the last breath, I will make him laugh, I will make him love life as before. Before he lost his faith in it. The disillusion and the myriad facades of the people he trusted ruined what would have been the best time of our lives.

If I could run away with him, I would take him in the safety of my arms. To tell him that life's ain't all that bad. That there is that few glimmers of hope to look forward to. And when we are old and decrepit, we will always have the memories made. To be together until we die or to go our separate ways, is decided when we come to that fork in the road.

If I could run away with him, would I be given that chance ?

No comments: