silentscream Search

Friday, October 28, 2005

Geylang Serai bazaar

It all started so innocently. I was late getting off work again today. Jas was also working late so I figured, no harm in waiting for her and finish whatever outstanding work. So when it's time to go, I was all psyched up to go home. Have a good, refreshing bath. Rolling my head and shoulders, trying to work out the kinks after hunching over my desk filling up immigration forms, I wanted to just go home and chill. Watch a couple of movies or something.

Walked to the bus stop, chatting amiably to Jas. Took bus 170 and thought, goodie ... my connecting bus 23 will not cause any problems. Halfway through the journey, my big mouth accepted my foot by suggesting to Jas to go down to Geylang when I found out she'd been stood up. And so we decided to go Geylang Serai bazaar and that was when I promptly discovered I'd forgotten my mobile.

After changing to bus 51 at Bugis, we reached GS bazaar after 20 minutes. Whoa ! Hoardes and hoardes of people ! Did I forget to mention I am not so good in crowds ? There I was trying hard not to hyperventilate. Looking at the foodies on display. Walking with the crowds back to back. Paper bags, where art thou ?

Anyways, I managed the experience well. Coming out of the place smelling a little like the barbequed meat I'd bought. Quite the adventure I had, going to GS bazaar voluntarily ...

No comments: