silentscream Search

Monday, February 17, 2003

I'm oh...so sleepy!

I nearly didn't make it to work today. I think I would have blissfully fallen asleep on the school bus, never to wake up until the driver made a turn. I was instantly awake. And instantly grumpy. I knew I was reaching school, I would usually be up along Dairy Farm Road but today I couldn't force myself to open my eyes. You know how you get into that mid of conscious and unconscious? You are just at the border of unconsciousness but you are aware of the song playing (or people's conversations) in your ears? Well I was there. And I would have reached the point of no return (to slumberland, of course) if the driver did not make a turn forcefully. Hence the whole paragraph of junk.

It's true that we only utilize like 2% of our DNA to function. The rest are considered 'junk' because for some reason they were not proven to have anything to do with basic fucntions. Or maybe, they have not arrived at their moment of fame among the rest of the population. Maybe, they are just late bloomers. Like how some people are. Just bidding their time until they joined the rest in the rat race. My point is that no matter how insignificant something is, there will always be a purpose for its existence. Same goes for Homo sapiens.

Anyway, will continue this later. Going for lunch now....*rumbles*

No comments: