silentscream Search

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Mom's not home

It's official.

My mom's been warded. Her infected wound had not healed at all. In fact, it got so bad that she might have to amputate the little toe on her right foot. A small thing became such a huge mess. As of now, when we left the hospital, she's just been placed in a room.

The day started when she went to the GP for consultation after much nagging from yours truly last night. After a few minutes of serious talking to by the doc, she was referred to SGH. Thank goodness my younger sis had decided to pop by. She's been holding the fort, with my dad at the A & E.

Ah.

From then on, it's just the waiting part. To get her blood sugar level tested. To get her X-Rays done. To get the opinion of the orthopaedic surgeon. The question of to operate or to run an intensive course of antibiotics. All this basically took the whole day. From the minute they registered at the A & E at midday today until about 9.30 pm to be placed in a room. Waiting and waiting and waiting. Horrible, ain't it ?

And here we are trying hard to be a medical hub. Medical hub, my backside, I'll tell you. From consultations at the clinics at SGH to being warded, people basically lose precious hours waiting for that "precious" doc's words. No sense of urgency at all by these people in the white coats and stethoscope around their necks. Horrible, horrible experience. I hope I'll die first before I even get a chance to be hospitalised. Like, seriously, mans.

Well then. As you and I both know. It was a goner the minute the flesh started to rot.

Parents. You can't live with them, you can't live without them. Really stubborn creatures, both of them. I mean seriously. What's the harm of listening to us kids once in a while ? Sometimes, you must know that your way isn't always the best.

And so.

I've just reached home to rest after popping by the hospital right after work. Worried, fear, abject horror. A lesson learnt, too painful for words. I hope Mother realised the seriousness of her condition.

Mother, I may lose you one day. I know that. I don't fear it. No one lives forever. But I really, really hope that day is later than sooner. Please spare a thought for us. Yes, us kids, the selfish creatures that we are.

I hope you know this. I hope you will remember this. No matter what;

I Love You.

xxx

No comments: